Building and maintaining strong customer relations should be a top priority for nearly every business. This begins with accessibility and friendly, useful communication. Unfortunately, many businesses choose to let their customers go to voicemail or work through a multi-step process just to speak to a representative. For the customer, these options won’t make your business appear accessible, friendly, or useful. Alternatively, a phone call answering service can help your business capitalize on human connections and 24/7 accessibility.
5 Reasons to Avoid Machine Answering Services
“Machine answering services” refers to any method for answering or directing customer calls without the use of a human being. Voicemail is usually one of the simplest and cheapest options in terms of initial setup and long-term maintenance, though other machine answering services (like multistep redirecting) can require significant time and effort to coordinate. In any case, here are 5 reasons that you should avoid these kinds of machine answering services altogether:
1. Voicemail can lead to missed opportunities
In business, timing is key. If you don’t take advantage of an opportunity as soon as it presents itself, you could miss out. It could take hours, days, or even weeks for your business to follow-up on an important voicemail, by which time the business or customer on the other end could have easily moved on.
2. Voicemail leaves customers feeling unimportant
While voicemail is a great way to leave messages, it often sends the wrong message to your customers. When they can only get through to your voicemail box, it seems as though your business has no interest in their needs or inquiries. Allowing some or all of your incoming calls to go to voicemail is a quick way to lose business.
3. Multistep machine processes can be confusing
Often times, a business uses lingo that is unfamiliar to new customers. If your business features a multistep machine process that refers to different services, departments, or product inquiries that a customer is unaware of, they may have no clue how to proceed. Some customers will interpret this as a fault in your business’ ability to be intuitive and accessible.
4. Multistep machine processes are frustrating
At one point or another, you’ve probably tried to get in touch with a business that utilized a multistep machine process. After clicking multiple buttons or attempting to state your inquiry to a robot, you might still get forwarded to the wrong department or have your call dropped altogether. In the end, there’s only a 50/50 chance that you’ll get what you want out of the call.
5. Machine answering services are inherently disappointing
When customers call a business, they almost always want to talk to another human being. A robot cannot reason or read between the lines or interpret unique situations or questions. In short, a robot is a poor substitute for human interaction. If your business utilizes machine answering services, you are disappointing your customers right from the start.
A Business Answering Service That Works
A call answering service that uses real human interactions is the best way to meet (or exceed) your customer’s expectations. A telephone answering service ensures that your customers (and potential customers) walk away from the call knowing that your business took the time to address their needs. Customers who have positive relations with your business are much more likely to return in the future. So, in the long run, a call answering service pays for itself!
In addition to the benefits of human-to-human connections, a business answering service also makes your business more accessible than ever before. Even a standard receptionist is limited to answering phones during regular business hours, but high-quality phone answering companies provide round-the-clock virtual receptionists to customers. With a business answering service, your customers can get in touch with you at any time of the day or night!
Choosing Nexa as Your Call Answering Service
Picking the right live receptionist service for small business can feel like an arduous task, but it doesn’t have to be this way. There are dozens of answering service companies that do an adequate job, but they don’t necessarily provide your business with stellar service or professional virtual assistants. Thankfully, Nexa is here to provide you with everything you need in a call answering service and more!
Why Choose Nexa?
There are dozens of telephone answering service providers on the market, but few can compare to Nexa, which provides the best virtual assistant service bar none. Here are just a few of the advantages of choosing Nexa for your call services:
- Over 30 Years of Experience. Many business answering services are just now getting into the industry, but Nexa has been improving business communications for decades. We understand what both large and small business owners want from a phone answering service: professionalism, reliability, and quality service. At Nexa, we put the business needs of our clients first.
- Competitive Pricing. We don’t believe in overcharging our clients. Just like us, you have a business to run, so you can’t afford to spend exorbitant amounts of money on a call answering service. To understand the cost of adding Nexa to your business, check out our plans and pricing page.
- Industry-Specific Solutions. Nexa doesn’t just cater to one kind of business. In fact, our live answering service is designed so that just about any business in any industry can utilize our virtual receptionists. NexaProfessional is designed for a wide range of industries, from Retail to Transportation. Additionally, we offer NexaMedical, NexaHomeServices, NexaPlus, and NexaSupport.
- Professionally-Trained Receptionists. When you use a Nexa live receptionist, you’re not just getting a bland voice on the end of the line. We train our receptionists in a wide range of necessary skills — from task prioritization to industry-specific knowledge. Additionally, our quality assurance team monitors calls to provide feedback and continuously improve our services.
- 24/7 Live Coverage. Nexa provides the best answering service because we don’t just work while you’re at the office; we’re available in real time to address your customers’ needs. This is an extremely useful business, whether your business works in one time zone or internationally, as it allows your business to answer emergency calls during non-business hours.
- High-Quality Customer Service. In addition to our highly-trained virtual receptionists, we also have a customer support team made up of experienced customer service representatives. We want to make sure that your business gets the most out of the services. So, whenever you have any questions or concerns, we’re here to provide technical support, answer questions, and improve your overall experience.
Nexa’s virtual answering services are unparalleled, which has allowed us to answer millions of calls and assist businesses in generating over $100 million in revenue. So, if you’re interested in acquiring a call answering service that can help transform and grow your business, you’re in good hands with Nexa.
If you have any questions left about Nexa and our services, do not hesitate to fill out the contact form above. We will be glad to hear from you!