As a real estate agent, you’re only as good as your level of customer service.
If your customers don’t feel good about dealing with you and purchasing from you, they won’t recommend you to their friends and family, and certainly won’t come back to you for more business.
This is especially true with the building competition and growing number of real estate agents. Excellent customer service is an absolute necessity if you want to build long-term relationships, earn trust, and gain customer loyalty.
In today’s post, we’ll show you how real estate agents can provide better customer service.
Communication is key, especially when it comes to customer service.
The better you communicate, the more comfortable your customers will feel around you, the more trust they’ll have in you, and the more open they’ll be to doing business with you.
Here are some easy ways you can communicate more effectively:
· Make strong eye contact. Eye contact is powerful – always look at your customers when talking, and look them in the eye at least 50-60% of the time when they’re talking. This shows confidence.
· Use concise language. Don’t beat around the bush. Communicate what you need to say as efficiently as possible.
· Ask open-ended questions. Open-ended questions are those that require more than a one-word response. These questions help you to build more rapport with customers. For example, “What did you like about the city?” instead of “Did you like the city?”
· Use correct spelling in emails. This one is a no-brainer – make sure your emails are professionally written and spelled correctly.
Maintain a Quality Website
Your website is your home base. When you have a quality site, you make it easy for customers and prospects to contact you, ask for help, and learn more about what you do.
What’s more, you can post testimonials from past customers, which gives you added social proof and helps you get more customers in the future.
It doesn’t have to be all that complicated (or expensive) to set up a website either. With website setup guides like this one, you can get your real estate agent website set up quickly and easily.
And if you need some extra inspiration, you can check out this list of the 30 best real estate agent websites.
Use the Right Tools and Apps
There are plenty of helpful tools and apps at your disposal.
You can use the House Hunter app to track and compare an unlimited number of homes, using a proprietary scoring method to match up the houses with your customer’s requirements.
And you can use tools like Open Home Pro to personalize your emails to leads, run an open house on your iPad, and more.
Do your research and figure out which other apps and tools can help you deliver better customer service!
Hire a Virtual Receptionist
At any given time, you might have a big influx of customer calls. Those are tough to handle on your own. Luckily you don’t have to…
With the help of a virtual receptionist, you can make sure someone is always there to answer customer and prospect calls.
Here are just a few ways a virtual receptionist can help your real estate business:
· Book and confirm appointments
· Provide directions or information about showings or open houses
· They can give you 24/7 coverage, which allows for buyers and sellers to get the info they need at any time, day or night.
· Forward time-sensitive or business-critical calls
· Allow you to focus on revenue-driving activities, like marketing and meeting with buyers and sellers.
The best part is you can get a virtual receptionist for a tiny fraction of the cost of a full-time in-office receptionist. To learn more about how virtual receptionists can help your real estate business, check out this page.
As a real estate agent, when you provide better customer service, you will stand out. Customers will enjoy interacting with you, and they’ll want to send referrals your way, as well as do business again with you in the future. Use these strategies to provide quality customer service.
What other ways do you think real estate agents can provide better customer service? Let us know in the comments below!