According to a report by Inc.com, 51 percent of consumers say a business needs to be available 24/7. Consumers want answers to their questions immediately, even if it’s at 3 a.m. And you don't want to miss out on a potential customer, a possible lead or even additional revenue because your business is closed for the night.
Live Chat & Text As A Service
Text messaging and live chat as a service gives you the ability to communicate with customers wherever they are and whenever they need. But what is live chat, exactly? Consider it a digital customer service desk that’s powered by a real person (not a bot)—one that, if you choose, can be open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Communicate with customers and potential new clients via your personalized chat window or give them the option to text your business. Your customers want prompt, accurate service on their timeline when they have questions. Text and live chat for customer service allows just that.
People-Powered Live Chat vs. AI Chatbots
When it comes to using text and live chat for lead generation or customer service, you have essentially two options: AI chatbots or human-powered live chat. Automated chatbots have their benefits—namely speed and cost-related—but they can be difficult to install and setup, and they have major limitations when it comes to service. That’s because chatbots can only answer questions they’ve been programmed to take. It’s no wonder 92 percent of people prefer people-powered live chat over an automated chatbot. By outsourcing to a human-powered live chat and text service, you can provide a far better customer experience at an affordable price—and at a fraction of the cost of an in-house employee. With real people operating your live chat, you’ll build better customer relationships, convert more leads into new business and improve revenue.
Benefits of Human-Powered Live Chat & Text For Your Business
- Have you ever considered using live chat to increase sales? You should. Live chat and text can help your business accelerate revenue and build a more qualified sales funnel. When they know the ins-and-outs of your business, trained agents will know which leads are worth your time.
- Live chat helps you maximize marketing ROI by creating yet another channel to capture leads. Make your website work for you actively, instead of just passively, and turn website visitors and digital traffic into happy, paying customers.
- You can even improve your conversion rates by using live chat. Instead of a customer leaving your site and not purchasing when they have a question, you can answer their question via chat or text and keep them on your site and shopping. There is a much better chance this lead will turn into paying customer because the person now has all of the information they need to make an informed decision. And, when combined with call services, chat and text can increase conversion rates by up to 40 percent because you can quickly take website visitors from live chat to live phone call and through to closed business.
- By outsourcing text and live chat for leads to an outside provider, your business saves money on staffing and overhead costs, too.
Provide Better Customer Service Experience
- Live chat and text allows you to provide a better client experience because you can talk to your customer where they are and on their timeline.
- It also allows for the opportunity to keep your business open all day and all night, 365 days a year. This is fantastic for customer service. With a people-powered online chat and text, you can answer questions for possible customers right away, even if it’s outside standard operating hours.
- Live chat customer service can make your business more proactive with quick answers to FAQ’s, appointment reminders, service updates and more.
How To Install Live Chat & Text On Your Website
The difficulty level of adding a live chat and text messaging window to your website varies depending on the platform, but the easiest way to implement this tool is by partnering with a company like Nexa. Once you signup, we’ll send the code snippet for you or your team to add the simple technology on your site, then provide live agents (read: real people) to act as the knowledgeable, friendly representatives of your business.